Surf Castle ***
All the rooms have excellent views of the beach of Baleal and its environment.
All children under 5 years stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge for cots.
Maximum capacity of extra beds/babycots in a room is 1.
Extra beds and baby cots are on request. The availability need to be confirmed by the hotel.
Bar, Garden, terrace, non-smoking rooms, luggage storage. Airport Shuttle, laundry, Fax/Photocopying. Wireless internet is available in public areas and is free of charge. Free private parking is possible on site. Breakfast is served in the dining room, or on the terrace, so you can enjoy the surfing activities. A welcome barbeque is offered to you if you order for our week package.
This Spring 2019 we have made a few important investments for the Castle namely:
- Just bought a Surfcastle 9 seater Van (to replace our old grey FIAT).
- Bought new surfing boards for our surfing school. The Epoxy boards for advanced surfers already arrived in March & the new foamies for beginners will arrive in this month of May.
- We also bought a few new Bikes for the Castle (ready to be used by our guests).
- Ordered new stickers for the Surfcastle (different shapes & different colors).
- Successfully finished the restoration of a very important Surfcastle Vintage Surfing board.
- Bought new linen for the Surfcastle beds
- We recently designed a new Yoga & Surf package for this 2019 season and we are very glad to send you more information if you are interested in booking this “special package”
All of this has been done to ensure that our guests have an even better surfing experience over here with us in the Surfcastle!
The island of Baleal is near to the Peniche peninsula. You have here year-round excellent surfing thanks to the mild weather and the great surfing conditions. Surfcastle is centrally located. The garden is one of the best rifwaves of Portugal, Lagido. Surfcastle consists of 3 homes that lie at the sea. So even if you're not surfing, you can still enjoy the sea. Surfcastle is located on the beach of Baleal beach. The hotel is surrounded by sandy beaches and within walking distance you will find at least 5 places where you can surf. The hotel is located just 3 kilometres from the fishing village of Peniche and 20 kilometres away from the medieval town of Obidos. Surfcastle is strategically located in the Centre of Portugal. The hotel is an excellent base if you are using a car to discover Portugal.Activities
American Express, Visa, Euro/Mastercard, Atm card
Golf course (within 3 km), fishing, windsurfing, BBQ facilities, cycling, diving
Surf Castle offers guests a unique service, including a surf school and the ability to hire surf stuff . The surf school specializes in all levels (from beginner to advanced) and the instructors are also good coaches who help you getting better with every surf session. Video and photo assistance are also part of the weekly surf lessons.